Unfortunately, the GENERALI BERLIN HALF MARATHON on April 5,
2020 as well as the EXPO (April 3-4, 2020) won’t take place.
This is our reaction to the general order regarding the cancelation of major events from March
12, 2020 with the aim to narrow down the spreading of the Corona virus.
- With your race kit you will get a transparent clothing bag and a sticker with your bib number for the bag.
- Clothing and valuables have to be packed into the clothing bag in order to enter the starting area.
- All objects need to be packed separately and loosely. You may not put other bags in your clothing bag.
- Any kind of luggage is prohibited within the start/finish area!
- You drop off your clothing bag at the indicated truck and retrieve it there after you finish.
- Time measurement is done exclusively with the ChampionChip!
- The ChampionChip is a small plastic transponder that has to be fastened on your skate (no metal contact!) and will measure your personal race time.
- Please find the different possibilities beneath
Owner of a chip
Please provide your chip number during the registration process (seven-figure combination of digits and letters) .
You can purchase your chip during registration – it’s that easy:
- The amount will be billed together with your other fees.
- Your data will be saved in our system.
- The chip will be delivered via postal mail.
- You can use the chip for many different sport events worldwide.
⇒ Price: €31
You decide for a rental chip:
- The one-time rental fee is 6 Euros
- Return the chip within two hours after the event
Chip-rental with purchase option
- You choose chip rental during registration for the one-time rental fee of 6 Euros
- You do not return the chip but rather keep it after the event – the purchase option is triggered!
- 25 Euros (difference between the already payed rental fee and purchasing price) will automatically be billed to your provided method of payment.
There are four different locations within the finish area where you can return your chip.
If you have not returned the chip, the purchase option will eventuate.
The medical care is in the responsibility of the medical team from the organzier as well as from additional paramedics. The assigned staff is authorized and obligated to remove runners from the race who are hurt or overexerting.
Every person who decides to run in a marathon should undergo a medical check at least ones a year.